All manuscripts must be submitted online on Manuscript Central.
The letter should also state the specific contributions of each author to the preparation of this manuscript. Each author must meet the 3 authorship criteria of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors:
“An author is someone who:
- Contributed substantially to conception and design, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data AND
- Drafted the article or revised it critically for important intellectual content AND
- Gave final approval of the version to be published.”
Each reference should be cited in the text. In the reference list, number the references according to the order in which they are first cited in the text and format them according to the Uniform Requirements.
Upon acceptance, you will be required to submit the following forms:
- Licence to publish form duly signed by all authors
- Financial disclosure statement form duly signed by all authors
- Contributors’ form duly signed by all authors
Where applicable, you may also be required to submit:
If in your manuscript you acknowledge anyone for a contribution that goes beyond administrative assistance, you must obtain written permission from that person to publish his or her name.
If you wish to cite a personal communication in your article, you must obtain written permission from the person in question to publish his or her name. Please include the person’s affiliation and the year in which the information was communicated.
If your article contains any information concerning individual cases, you must obtain written consent from the patient(s) in order to publish this information in JPN.